Hello and Happy Valentine’s Day!!
There’s so much to cover here I don’t know where to begin! AV Linux MX-21 Edition code-named “Consciousness” has been released based on MX-21 ‘Wildflower’ and Debian 11 (Bullseye). This new version has been completely built from the ground up and is the first version to not be a ‘Respin’ of an existing system and was built with same Tools that are used to build MX and antiX. Because it has moved to a whole new Debian platform (from Buster to Bullseye) there is no upgrade Path from previous versions of AV Linux and you will need to install from the ISO. Please note that the initial releases of AV Linux MX Edition based on MX-19 and Debian Buster are still receiving updates through the MX repositories so if you are happy where you are there is certainly no hurry to upgrade! The work on this release has brought AVL much closer to MX in many ways and it is hoped that both projects will benefit from serving more Users across more niches, to be clear AV Linux MX-21 Edition is still an independent project and not an official MX Version.
First… Big Thank You’s!
- Adrian, dolphin_oracle, – MX/antiX Build system assistance
- anticapitalista, BitJam, – MX/antiX Build System
- SwampRabbit, Stevo, timkb4cq – MX and Liquorix Packaging
- bhilmers – New Waveform Logo!
- falkTX – Fixes to WineASIO with new Wine-Staging versions
- Anahata, autostatic, – Hosting Mirrors
- asqwerth – GTK3 Theme fixes
- manyroads – Conky concept
- Robbert van der Helm – Yabridge VST Bridge
- Damentz – Liquorix kernels
- sysrqer – New BPM Converter
- brontosaurusrex, ceesians – New Gradient Wallpaper Generator
- The few but MIGHTY donators and subscribers!! Thanks so much!
- I may have forgotten someone, if so speak up!
- 32bit is discontinued… sorry, I tried… It’s time…
- AV Linux RT Kernel Repository is now discontinued.
- YYYY.MM.DD ISO naming changed to align with MX Releases.
- ALL Repositories outside MX now discontinued!
- GDebi Package installer, replaced with a Thunar Custom Action.
- New MX-21/Debian Bullseye base.
- XFCE4 4.16
- New default Liquorix kernel 5.15.0-10.1.
- MX Linux ‘ahs’ (Advanced hardware support)
- New and vastly updated User Manual.
- New MX Multimedia Packaging… lots of great stuff!!
- DAWs – Ardour 6.9, Mixbus32C 7.2 (demo) Reaper 6.46 (demo)
- New ‘Flat’ Diehard XFCE4/Openbox theming with all 4K Wallpapers.
- New Suru++/Papirus Icon themes.
- Completely new modular AV Linux Assistant based on YAD.
- New first-run Splash Screen.
- New Yabridge support for Windows VST Plugins.
- New ‘YADbridge’ graphical interface for Yabridge
- Added Utilities: BPM Converter, Gradient Wallpaper generator
- Expanded AVL-MXE Custom Plugins and Fonts Packages
- New AppImage Packaging included (let’s see how it works!)
- Please RTFM!!
- Download links on the AV Linux MX Edition Website
- Donations and Tech support help wanted!