We've been very busy behind the scenes and we're now happy to announce the availability Kodi v20 for all OSMC supported devices. All devices supported by OSMC on Kodi v19 remain supported for Kodi v20. It took time and effort to release this update as a stable release and ensure that the user experiences stays at the high level that you would expect from OSMC.
Kodi v20.1 (Nexus) is now available as standard on OSMC, and release details can be found here.
On the OSMC side, we've made some light changes to keep everything running smoothly:
- Fix an issue when connecting to AP hotspots that are configured for WPA2 and WPA3 on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fix an issue on Raspberry Pi 4 / 400 that prevented older kernels from being automatically purged when not neded.
- Vero 4K / 4K +: fix possible kernel panic issue
- Apply missing fix for wireless preseeding that was meant to be included in the previous update. This properly fixes configuring WiFi via the desktop installers on the Download page.
Improving the user experience
- Add option to display height and width of a video independent of resolution in the OSMC skin
- Translation improvements
This Summer, we plan to introduce an updated version of our flagship device Vero. This new and improved model will replace the Vero 4K + and we will be announcing further information about the new device soon.
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.