The Xubuntu team is happy to announce the immediate release of Xubuntu 23.10.
Xubuntu 23.10, codenamed Mantic Minotaur, is a regular release and will be supported for 9 months, until July 2024.
Xubuntu 23.10 features the latest updates from Xfce 4.18, GNOME 45, and MATE 1.26. With a focus on stability, memory management, and hardware support, Xubuntu 23.10 should perform well on your device. Enjoy frictionless bluetooth headphone connections and out-of-the-box touchpad support. Read Sean’s What’s New in Xubuntu 23.10 post for an in-depth review of the latest updates.
The final release images for Xubuntu Desktop and Xubuntu Minimal are available as torrents and direct downloads from xubuntu.org/download/.
As the main server might be busy in the first few days after the release, we recommend using the torrents if possible.
We’d like to thank everybody who contributed to this release of Xubuntu!
Highlights and Known Issues
- Improved hardware support for bluetooth headphones and touchpads
- Color emoji is now included and supported in Firefox, Thunderbird, and newer Gtk-based apps
- Significantly improved screensaver integration and stability
- The shutdown prompt may not be displayed at the end of the installation. Instead you might just see a Xubuntu logo, a black screen with an underscore in the upper left hand corner, or just a black screen. Press Enter and the system will reboot into the installed environment. (LP: #1944519)
- Xorg crashes and the user is logged out after logging in or switching users on some virtual machines, including GNOME Boxes. (LP: #1861609)
- You may experience choppy audio or poor system performance while playing audio, but only in some virtual machines (observed in VMware and VirtualBox)
For more obscure known issues, information on affecting bugs, bug fixes, and a list of new package versions, please refer to the Xubuntu Release Notes.
The main Ubuntu Release Notes cover many of the other packages we carry and more generic issues.
For support with the release, navigate to Help & Support for a complete list of methods to get help.